On Tuesday the 23rd of January 2018, at 11:00 a.m., the volunteer teachers who implemented the produced material within the European programme Erasmus+, KA2, Xenios Zeus had a meeting with the Regional Director of Primary and Secondary Education of Central Macedonia. The meeting attended Mr Nikolaos Akritidis, Head of the Primary Education of Central Macedonia, Ms Lina Staikou,-Ms Dimitra Lapata- Ms Theodora Samara: Working team for the Coordination of the European programme Erasmus+, KA2, Xenios Zeus.
At the meeting, the topics that were discussed were the following:
- The training of the teachers from the partners over the material produced
- The implementation of the produced material in the refugee camps. Problems and propositions of solution and improvement of the situation.
- The participation of the refugees in the non-formal education. There has been a proposition to increase the number of hours so as there is continuity and progress of the refugees.
- Problems of getting along with the N.G.O.s that offer the same work to the same target groups, at the same hours.
- Problems of infrastructure.
- Problems of mobility to and from the camps.
- Need for extra training about culture issues.
The volunteer teachers showed a great interest about their next offer in the programme and generally speaking they expressed their content of being a part of this work and this experience.